TCS is seeking talented individuals with a passion for testing software for the role of Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester to join our team. This is a full-time permanent position located at our headquarters in Middleton, WI.
TCS, founded in 1983, designs and manufactures Building Automation Systems and enterprise cloud management solutions. We have a long history of innovation: introducing one of the first communicating thermostats and the industry’s first cloud-based energy management system. We continue to grow and innovate new products for the exciting future of IoT and building automation. Please join us in this rapidly growing industry.
This role offers an opportunity for entry-level candidates to expand their talents by participating directly in the testing of production software operating on TCS IoT devices and cloud services. Individual visibility within the team is high. All levels of TCS QA testers work directly with products using manual and automated testing procedures in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment on products with a rapid time to market.
Qualified candidates possess the ability to test programs and systems based on defined requirements, to prepare test specifications, to write new test cases, to interpret technical information relating to software behaviors, and to communicate effectively. The position involves testing and extending both existing and new applications, as well as documenting methods and procedures.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Test and troubleshoot software and firmware developed for TCS line of applications and/or IoT devices and report conclusions in a clear and concise manner
- Develop new tests that validate new features, verify issue resolution, perform stress tests, and identify security weak points
- Develop and/or extend custom libraries that will interface with our automated testing suite
- Confer with team members to develop, understand, and update requirements for product features
- Write and maintain testing documentation on subjects including API functionality and software issue creation/resolution
- Maintain confidentiality of information being processed, stored, or accessed
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Intermediate proficiency with Java (version 8 preferred)
Strongly Preferred Experience
- Experience with Linux (SysV and systemd)
- SQL experience and a basic understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with automated and manual software testing tools
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking (Wireshark)
- Experience with version control software such as Git or Subversion
- Experience with issue tracking software such as Mantis or Jira
- A key role in production-level software projects working directly on cutting-edge IoT technology with a fast time to market
- Competitive compensation, stimulating environment with a great team, and benefits including 401K, health, dental, and vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Middleton, WI 53562 — Will not pay to relocate
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: 0-3 year of experience.
Salary: $42,500 – $45,500 a year
To apply for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCS Basys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer