TCS Basys Controls, a Middleton manufacturer of Building Automation Systems and cloud-based software, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
TCS Basys Controls is an industry leader specializing in energy management with a long history of innovation. Since our early beginning manufacturing sensors and transducers, our product line and offerings have steadily evolved to the next generation of Internet of Things (IoT) product solutions, including state-of-the-art controls for virtually any application, leading-edge cloud-based energy management system, professional installation services, and a world-class 24/7/365 service and support team.
We are currently seeking a senior-level software engineer to join our expanding development team in Middleton, WI. You will work closely with the software team lead, product specialists, and other software engineers to design, develop, and test software solutions. The individual should have at least 5 years of back-end software development experience. Familiarity with object-oriented programming (OOP) and relational database management is required.
As a senior software engineer, you would focus on building backend services to help integrate our IoT controller network, edge device, and cloud platforms into the next generation of building automation systems using a variety of open-source and enterprise-level technologies and be involved in all phases of software development life cycle such as design, development, building, testing, and deploying our service products in a collaborative environment.
- Design, develop and test software applications to support business requirements and projects.
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Write the web services and APIs used by front-end developers.
- Write automated and manual tests for existing code to ensure compatibility and stability
- Build reusable code and libraries, design and implement data storage solutions and ensure applications are optimized for maximum speed and scalability
- Maintains working knowledge on the systems and tools within the scope of the team’s responsibility.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, and code review sessions
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
- At least 5 years of experience programming in Java in a team-oriented environment
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming design and development
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- Ability to follow established software coding and documentation procedures
- Experience with software development environments, such as Eclipse, IntelliJ
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete work assignments
- Familiarity with Spring Framework / Spring Boot
- Experienced in application development on Linux platforms
- Familiarity with RESTful web service
- Proficient with software version control systems, such as Git
- Familiarity with build tools, such as Maven
The position offers a competitive salary, a stimulating environment, and great peers with benefits.
Please email email@example.com with a resume, cover letter, and salary history.
TCS Basys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer