TCS is searching for an IT Support Technician to join our team. This is a part-time internship position located at our headquarters in Middleton, WI.
Founded in 1983, TCS designs and manufactures Building Automation Systems and enterprise cloud management solutions. We have a long history of innovation: introducing one of the first communicating thermostats and the industry’s first cloud-based energy management system. We continue to grow and innovate new products for the exciting future of IoT and building automation. Please join us in this rapidly growing industry.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s degree program with an emphasis in Information Services
- Bachelor’s degree program with an emphasis in Information Services desired
- Minimum 6 months to one year of Information Services experience
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Basic network troubleshooting experience
- Ability to independently research & troubleshoot issues
- Proficient in Windows 7 operating systems
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 Professional Suite
- Proficient in wireless devices
- Strong Interpersonal and team skills
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Good listener and learner
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Motivation to produce results in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work alone on projects as needed
- Displays a positive, optimistic attitude towards challenges and problems
- Enthusiastic and upbeat, with a strong work ethic
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
Primary Duties, Responsibilities & Opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides first level incident determination documented in the incident management system.
- Provides first level support for all Windows PC’s on both the operating system and the applications levels.
- Provides first level support for all IP phones, printers, cameras, and projectors.
- Documents requests and solutions for all assigned issues.
- Monitors and updates incidents logged in the incident management system.
- Maintains relationships with internal employees, measuring client satisfaction and recommending appropriate steps to enhance IT customer satisfaction.
- Manages and tests backups and internal disaster recovery plans with IT staff.
- Shadow Sr employee for all networking wired/wireless equipment and switch and firewall configuration.
- Shadow Sr employee for all systems administration (Samba, Active Directory, LDAP, VoIP/Asterisk, G Suite).
- Shadow Sr employee for all Linux Windows PC’s on both the operating system and the applications levels.
Hours, Benefits and Salary/Wage
- Job Type: Part-Time – Internship (20 hrs per week)
- Wage: $15.00/hr
- Benefits: Competitive pay and a stimulating environment working with a great team
To apply for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCS Basys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer