TCS Basys Controls is an industry leader specializing in energy management with a long history of innovation. Since our early beginning manufacturing sensors and transducers, our product line and offerings have steadily evolved to next generation of Internet of Things (IoT) product solutions, including state-of-the-art controls for virtually any application, leading-edge cloud-based energy management system, professional installation services, and a world-class 24/7/365 service and support team.
We are currently seeking a firmware engineer to join our expanding development team in Middleton, WI. The individual should have five years of recent firmware development experience, applicable to embedded firmware product development experience with an emphasis on the analysis, design, implementation, and testing of systems using engineering best practices. A reasonable understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals would be a plus.
As a senior firmware engineer, you would focus on building backend services to help integrate our IoT controller network, edge device and cloud platforms into the next generation of building automation system using a variety of open-source and enterprise-level technologies and be involved in all phases of software development life cycle such as design, development, building, testing, and deploying our service products in a collaborative environment.
- Designs and develops embedded software coding in C for automation controllers (Building Automation and IOT), including develop modules and extending the current code base.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary engineers/teams to define and deliver world-class products
- Creates detailed designs and specifications documents that meet requirements
- Create user stories based on design and specifications
- Develop and execute tests that prove that the design and implementation meet the system requirements in the specification
- Carefully tracks development progress to expectations and drives hard to meet scheduled deadlines
- Design and develop firmware/software for new embedded products
- Work with electrical engineers in selecting hardware components
- Test and debug firmware/software on a hardware platform
- Design and develop new software modules and create supporting documentation
- Create product specification documentation based on customer needs and design
- Support product development planning (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Help establish and develop good firmware development processes and procedures
- Act as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5 – 10 years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded firmware design using the “C” language
- Experience with 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontrollers ( PIC32 )
- Proficiency in C is required with an emphasis on embedded architectures
- 5 – 7 years of firmware development experience, with the most recent 5 years working experience must be applicable to embedded firmware product development experience with an emphasis on the analysis, design, implementation, and testing of systems using engineering best practices
- Proficiency in internetworking protocols (SPI, I2C, UART, RS-485, USB )
- Expertise developing and debugging software on a variety of microprocessors (16-bit and 32-bit ) and microcontrollers with hands-on experience using the applicable tools – emulators, logic analyzers, scopes, protocol analyzers, debuggers (Microchip PIC32)
- Working knowledge of MISRA C guidelines (best practices)
- Familiarity with Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DMMs, etc…
- In-depth knowledge of RTOS (Freertos)
- Understanding of source control, parallel development, and release management techniques
- Experience in the development of Linux BSPs and device drivers, experience with microcontrollers and RTOS and/or automated testing, and experience with embedded Linux toolchains,
- Communication protocol/ hardware interface knowledge, such as RS232, RS485, CAN, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, ADC/DAC
- Able to read schematics and ability to interface with Hardware engineers.
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Wireless technologies and Mesh technologies
- Experienced in application development on Linux platforms
- Proficient with software version control system, such as Git
- ARM architecture and shell scripting would be a plus!
The position offers a competitive salary, a stimulating environment with great peers and benefits. Please respond to this post with a resume, cover letter, and salary history.
TCS Basys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Embedded Firmware Development: 5 years
Location: Middleton, WI 53562
Required work authorization: United States