TCS is seeking talented individuals with a passion for the role of Dev/Ops Engineer to join our team. This is a full-time permanent position located at our headquarters in Middleton, WI.
TCS, founded in 1983, designs and manufactures Building Automation Systems and enterprise cloud management solutions. We have a long history of innovation: introducing one of the first communicating thermostats and the industry’s first cloud-based energy management system. We continue to grow and innovate new products for the exciting future of IoT and building automation. Please join us in this rapidly growing industry. This role offers an opportunity for junior to mid-level candidates to expand their talents by participating directly in the Dev/Ops operating on TCS IoT devices and cloud services. Individual visibility within the team is high. This role’s first project will be to help the Dev/Ops team with an application port to new generation hardware running a new OS. The second project will be to help the Dev/Ops team build/implement/test/monitor services for configuration management, firmware, OS and middleware updates for all TCS remote devices.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Experience with Python (Python 3 is preferred) and Linux shell
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Background in development
- Experience with Linux (SysV and systemd)
- Experience with SQL and a basic understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with automated and manual software testing tools
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking (Wireshark)
- Experience with highly effective CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with version control software such as Git or Subversion
- Experience with issue tracking software such as Mantis or Jira
- Experience with software containerization platforms
- Experience with configuration management and deployment tools
- Experience with monitoring tools
- A key role in production-level software projects working directly on cutting-edge IoT technology with a fast time to market.
- Competitive compensation, stimulating environment with a great team, and benefits including 401K, health, dental, and vacation.
To apply for the position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
TCS Basys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Middleton, WI 53562 — Will not pay to relocate
Required Education: Bachelor or higher
Required experience: 1-3 years of experience